It's a Date.

So date number two with Chieko was on Sunday. If you missed date number one, ☜click that.

The idea was to use this date as a cover for what was really an attempt to get free fashion consulting. My wardrobe is severely limited here in Japan and I've found that my only natural sense of style can only be pulled off in Seattle circa 1994. And I'm hitting Tokyo soon.

We decided to go to an Aeon shopping center for the task. But not just any Aeon shopping center. In fact, we ignored the two within Toyota City limits and I pointed at three others as we drove by them. After 2 hours of driving (mind you that conversation between us is turbulent at best) we arrived at a special Aeon—Mozo: Wonder City.
I understand why we chose this place. It was huge. Like five shopping malls stacked on top of one another.

Well, I almost immediately regretted my bright idea. She was no help at all. I kept telling her, "choose something and I'll buy it." But she wouldn't. So I was on my own, but in the end I think I did alright.

When we walked by a Sega playland on the Fifth floor, I was appropriately giddy. Until she told me she doesn't like video games. Not even Mario? Everyone in Japan loves Mario!

We also visited a pet store that had some sort of goat running free, along with a giant swan and some kind of mini kangaroo type thing (only the goat was loose). This is Japan's idea of "pets" I guess. It was there she told me that she hates snakes and lizards but likes "pet" beetles. If only she understood when I said, "double-u tee eff?"

Things got better though when we ventured into some Pacific Sunwear type place that was blasting Muse's "Uprising" days before the album's release. Unfortunately, she couldn't grasp why I was excited and I probably looked like an idiot.

The ride back to Toyota was much better. She popped Eminem into her car's MiniDisc player (apparently MD got popular here. I wonder why it flopped in the States).

"You like Eminem?"
"I like."
"That's because you can't understand him."

So I spent the trip sitting next to the nicest, sweetest girl, listening to a wigger from the Greater Windsor area rap about leftover substance from a part of the female anatomy on part of his anatomy, and about kicking pregnant women in the stomach. Talk about a surreal state of awesome.

Yakiniku was next on the itinerary. No problems there. Oh wait—I might have eaten a lot of pig intestine and definitely ate numerous pieces of pig tongue because she didn't realize it was gross and kept putting more on my plate. Probably the craziest thing I've ever done for a girl.

After that I told her to take me to a cool place, since she knows since she probably knows a lot more than me about Toyotashi. The plan here was to have her say "I don't know where to go" (which was certain to happen) then tell her that I know a place. I had stumbled upon a park way up in the hills that offers a great view of the city when I was exploring on my bike early into my stay. To my surprise, she just said, "ok." Damn.

We started driving to wherever she was taking me, when at one point she leaned forward and squinted before turning on her left blinker. I said "right here?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?"
"Maybe here."
"Maybe the next one."

We turned there, but I was right about it being the next one. You see, she was taking me to the same spot I found on my bike! It's not like this place was famous. Surely Aphrodite was trying to get us to make out.

Anyway, she was cold so I rubbed her arms twice before we left.

The end.

If you're still reading this, there's no reason why you shouldn't comment. So comment.

Enjoy this somewhat related quote:

"Being impregnated by an alien and giving birth. It'd be awful to give birth to a freak so you'd have to hide it away from everyone but still bring it up as your own."

—Matthew Bellamy of Muse on his worst fear.
Digg Twitter Facebook Stumble

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous
    Said

    gravatar

    Guy, your fashion since is fantastic. Never doubt it again.

    Alex.

    September 18, 2009 at 3:19 AM
  2. TheGuy
    Said

    gravatar

    Thanks man. Btw, you can choose "name/url" and just enter your name instead of using "anonymous" and signing it.

    September 18, 2009 at 3:40 AM
  3. stacie
    Said

    gravatar

    very cool. i'm glad you're dating and i'm glad chieko's such a babe. i find it very strange that "take me to a cool place" prompted her to take you to that spot. way too coincidental. good for you, bro. now marry her and have me some half japanese nieces!

    September 18, 2009 at 4:18 AM
  4. TheGuy
    Said

    gravatar

    So my last comment on here totally has some other dudes picture on it. At least on my computer...

    September 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM
  5. Johnny
    Said

    gravatar

    Dude, what's nihongo for "pimp"?

    Well done, I need to see a picture of this lotus blossom.

    One last question: SO DID YOU COME OR WHAT?

    September 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Post a Comment