I Want to Ride

So today was a big bicycle day.

While I was walking around town running errands because my bicycle was stolen, I saw two bike significant events take place.

One guy was riding down the sidewalk ahead of me and just biffed, seemingly for no reason, spilling the contents of his basket all over the ground. He quickly got up, shuffled his things back into the basket and rode off as if nothing happened. Everyone around acted like nothing happened. So I acted like nothing happened. This is the normal reaction in Japan.

Another guy was riding through a parking lot gate that has one of those arms that goes up and down. The arm slammed down right on him and broke in half. The guy on the bike started laughing. The city hall employee that I was following to the correct building started laughing. So i started laughing. This is not the normal reaction in Japan.

Enjoy this likely unrelated quote:

“I don’t have any evidence on that. I don’t have any evidence of that.”

—Bill Gates
January 13, 1996 TIME magazine
Digg Twitter Facebook Stumble

1 comments:

  1. stacie
    Said

    gravatar

    wow...that's really funny. how strange that you saw both those incidents in one day.

    October 2, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Post a Comment